[Equest-users] Splitting a space in detailed mode

Jeremy McClanathan jmcclanathan at CDiengineers.com
Thu Sep 19 14:56:56 PDT 2013

That error means you cannot delete a vertex while something depends on it.  You can open the interior wall and temporarily reassign it to another polygon, delete the vertex, then reassign the interior wall to the appropriate polygon.  Or, you could just delete the interior wall, then delete the vertex.
Jeremy

[cid:image001.png at 01CEB548.4C206FB0]

Jeremy McClanathan, P.E., BEMP, HFDP, LEED® AP
[cid:image002.jpg at 01CEB548.4C206FB0]
19203 36th Avenue W, Suite 200, Lynnwood, WA 98036
P 425-672-1071 | F 425-778-8769

From: Gerard Hazel [mailto:ghazel at meengineers.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2013 2:47 PM
To: equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: [Equest-users] Splitting a space in detailed mode

Hi All,
I am in  detailed mode with a fairly complex model l in which I must now split an irregularly shaped space into two. I have researched the archives and have attempted to follow the guidance I found there by copying and modifying the polygon. The problem I am having is when I try to delete vertices in the original to form the new space, I get a message which  says the selected vertex cannot be deleted because the interior walls would not be attached to a shape vertex.  How do I reassign walls to the new polygon?
If anyone has experience with this I would really appreciate the help.
Thanks,
Gerry Hazel

Gerard Hazel
M&E Engineers, Inc.
908-526-5700 x14

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information, as well as content subject to copyright and other intellectual laws.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose, use, copy, or distribute the email message or its attachments.  If you believe you have received this email message in error, please contact the sender by reply email, immediately delete this email and destroy copies.