[Equest-users] eQuest Coordinates

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Wed Sep 25 15:19:29 PDT 2013

You could look at the LV-N Building Coordinate Geometry report, which is the first report
in the *.SIM file that lists the vertex coordinates for all the spaces and surfaces.
However, if you're trying to build an EnergyPlus IDF by parsing the LV-N, that would take
a lot of time for anything more complicated than a shoebox, plus you will still only have
the building geometry inputs.

What I have done to translate from DOE-2.2 to EnergyPlus (assuming that's your ultimate
need) is to change 2.2 to 2.1E BDL using a collection of awk scripts, use the doe2ep
program that I worked on while still at LBNL to translate the 2.1E BDL to EnergyPlus 3.0
IDF, and then use EnergyPlus' MultipleVersionTranslator to upgrade to the current version.
Believe it or not, but this has actually worked for several projects I've been involved.
This is clearly an interim solution, and not something I would be comfortable in releasing
as software.  However, if anyone's interested, please contact me at the e-mail address
shown below.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.