[Equest-users] process load categorization in outputs

Lyle Keck lkeck at aeieng.com
Thu Sep 26 13:39:34 PDT 2013

Hi Ramana,

One option would be to create separate meters and input the process equipment as direct loads (electric or gas consumption) as you have described.  You could then go to the individual space(s) and under the 'equipment' tab define an internal energy source with the source type set to 'process' (internal energy sources deemed process will not contribute to a utility load).  This will effectively create a heat gain (or loss) within the room and you can assign the appropriate fraction of sensible/latent gain.  This should allow you to define the input power as direct loads on meters, and subsequent internal gains in specific spaces.

LYLE KECK  LEED AP BD+C, EIT
SUSTAINABLE SYSTEMS ANALYST

AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
1601 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1400 | Seattle, WA 98101

P: 206.829.7307 | F: 206.256.0423
lkeck at aeieng.com <mailto:lkeck at aeieng.com>  |  www.aeieng.com<http://www.aeieng.com/>