[Equest-users] How to Change Altitude and Unpopulated LEED Comparision Report

Jay B. Dyer jdyer at icthomasson.com
Thu Apr 3 10:04:44 PDT 2014

Ladies and Gentlemen of the eQuest user community,

I'm stuck.  It's one of those days where I've been ginning through this model so long that my mind is blank.  I'm hoping someone here has a quick answer.

ISSUE #1
Thinking back, the past 20 LEED models or so have been at sea level, lol.  Now we're of in Texas somewhere, and we are not able to edit the red altitude field below, so we adjust for the 1.16 altitude factor eQuest placed on our airflows by lowering in our scheduled airflow.  Now when comparing to a LEED baseline model, the factor reappears and we would like to eQuest to calculate those airflows, so the analysis is skewed.  Our LEED model is reporting higher airflow due to the altitude correction factor.  Now we are back to changing the altitude to 0-but how?  It allows us to type something in but doesn't change the number?  Editing the weather bin file isn't easy either as it's ASCII, and I'd have to research an editor and format.
[cid:image002.png at 01CF4F3B.C29122B0]

ISSUE #2
My LEED report shows annual energy use but all 0's in the energy breakdown and other normally populated items.  This is a VRV job and only the DOAS is scheduled for airflow.  Will 0's for fan operation make the whatever results the LEED comparison uses blank?  The LEED report isn't mining results, but other detailed reporting is OK.  I'd hate to hand populate the sheet.

The Excel sheet it spits out is attached.

Thanks for the assistance,

Jay Dyer

James B. Dyer, P.E., LEED AP O+M, CEM
Senior Mechanical Engineer