[Equest-users] DD wizard - newby zoning question

Chris Baker CBaker at cci-alliance.com
Thu Apr 24 15:11:04 PDT 2014

I'm using the most current version of equest 3.65

I'm working in the design development wizard starting to lay out my custom zones.  the custom building shell is already done at this point.

I already have the zoning layout from the mechanical contractor.  This is a place of religious worship and there are 34 total zones (22 served by HRV, 12 served by AHU).  My questions are as follows...

*         How deep are perimeter zones typically?  My research tells me 12-15 feet depth is typical.

*         There are a few offices 12'x12'  along the exterior walls.  In this case, would the entire room need to be considered a perimeter zone?

*         Instead of separating this up into 34 zones grouped by HRV or AHU, should I just create two zones (one served by HRV, one served by AHU) and show a uniform depth for the perimeter zones?

*         If I draw two main zones instead of 34 would it adversely affect the output on the other end?

So far I've been told that you can't leave any gaps in the zoning layout - meaning the entirety of the shell is zoned in one form or another.

If I ensure all 34 zones snap together as I go would it be sufficient or am I just making this more difficult than it needs to be?

Thank you!

Chris Baker
CCI CAD Drafter

CCI-Alliance Confidentiality notice: This message is intended only for the person to whom addressed in the text above and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not that person, any use of this message is prohibited. We request that you notify us by reply to this message, and then delete all copies of this message including any contained in your reply. Thank you.