[Equest-users] How to Change Altitude and Unpopulated LEED Comparision Report

zhaoyongqing1987 zhaoyongqing1987 at 126.com
Fri Apr 4 06:46:56 PDT 2014

You can remove code compliance,then you can change altitude.

At 2014-04-04 11:19:43,"Joe Huang" <yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com> wrote:
I don't know about eQUEST, because my experience is only with the DOE-2 engine that lies behind it, so you should take what I say with a grain of salt.

In DOE-2, the altitude of the building can be either read from the weather file, or input separately by the user.  The altitude that's shown on the screen below seems to be taken from the weather file, which may be why you can't change it.   Check to see if that's true, and if so, check if there's a way for a user input of altitude that overrides what's on the weather file.  It is possible to change the elevation on the weather file, but since it's a binary (not an ASCII) file, you have to use a couple of utility programs to convert to text and then back to binary.  However, I'm leery of large arbitrary changes in altitude, like from 3,000 ft in El Paso down to sea level, as you suggest, because the weather data would not be right at all. Why can't you just change the weather file to that of an appropriate sea level location?

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 108D