[Equest-users] Delta-Delta-Delta

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Tue Apr 8 09:08:10 PDT 2014

Results change for all sorts of reasons, even if there has been no change in the fundamental algorithms. For example, there was a sizable shift from heating to cooling loads going from DOE-2.1B to 2.1C, which I traced to a change in the defaults for neighborhood-terrain-factors that changed the local wind speed, hence higher air-film-coefficients, more radiative heat gain going into the space, etc. If you're puzzled why numbers have changed, I would recommend looking through the documentation on what bug fixes and changes have been noted, and thinking  through how they might affect the numbers. I know that could be tedious and frustrating, but I know of no other way, because even the developers might not be aware of all the knock-on effects. I'm not sure averaging results from various versions of the same program gets you the most reliable results. I assume that overall bug fixes are intended to improve the program!

Sent from my IPad

Joe Huang