[Equest-users] Placement of Glazing (WWR Only?)

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Fri Apr 11 14:25:17 PDT 2014

Mark,
It sounds like your entering glass using the wizard and taking advantage of the %window by orientation feature. I suppose you could double the WWR for south-facing and adjust it until you get all the desired windows where you want them. Then you would only have to delete the extra windows (easy) and not have to add them (harder). No, you can't point to a large wall and enter "50" for total windows. You can, however, enter one (or a few) large window (250' x 5') but then you'd have to calculate the effective frame size, assembly U-value etc. Plus that would give you problems if you were modeling daylighting, which does better with more windows rather than one large one.
Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, BEAP, CEM, LEED AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects LLP
Senior Energy Engineer

[ASHRAE Certified logo - greenshot 2]  [cid:image002.jpg at 01CF55AB.02377070]

134 South Fitzhugh Street                 Rochester, NY 14608

T: (585) 698-1956                        F: (585) 325-6005

bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com<mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com>             www.pathfinder-ea.com<http://www.pathfinder-ea.com/>

[earth for signature]Sustainability - the forest AND the trees.