[Equest-users] HELP WANTED - Energy Analyst - Princeton, NJ

William Hillsinger william.hillsinger at energysquaredeng.com
Tue Aug 26 11:05:28 PDT 2014

About Energy Squared
Energy Squared, LLC, is a full-service consulting engineering firm with a headquarters in Princeton, NJ that serves a variety of industries. Our company provides mechanical, electrical, refrigeration, energy management, plumbing and fire safety design engineering services. Our goal is to continuously seek cost-effective and energy efficient solutions and designs, often challenging conventional solutions and bringing innovative options to our clients.  At Energy Squared, we are always looking for the best and brightest individuals to join our team.

Job Description & Responsibilities
To support our rapid growth, Energy Squared is in search of an Energy Analyst to join our Princeton team. The major functions of this job include performing energy audits, energy modeling, and providing efficiency recommendations for new and ongoing projects related to the New Jersey Pay for Performance incentive program. In this role, the Energy Analyst will:

*         Perform energy audits for a variety of facilities (including but not limited to Commercial, Retail, Manufacturing, Multi-family) and develop energy reduction plans for submission to state/utility incentive programs.

*         Perform whole building energy modeling and analysis, M&V and commissioning.

*         Develop energy efficiency recommendations related to lighting, HVAC, building envelope, process equipment, etc.

*         Provide team members with technical analysis of energy usage for ongoing design projects.

Required Qualifications

*         Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Other engineering disciplines are considered based on experience and skill-set.

*         1-3 years of experience within the energy or MEP industry with strong fundamental skills in engineering thermodynamics, the refrigeration cycle, psychrometrics and energy relationships.

*         Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities, as well as demonstrated high quality technical writing skills and proficiency in English.

*         Team player with sound business ethics and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.

*         Ability to achieve project goals and deadlines with minimal supervision.

*         Willingness to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors, in order to develop a full understanding of building energy systems and their operation.

*         Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).

Desired Qualifications

*         EIT and/or CEM

*         Experience with energy analysis/benchmarking and energy modeling (eQuest, OpenStudio, etc.)

*         AutoCAD/design experience

*         Experience with building/energy standards (ASHRAE, etc.) and conducting energy audits

*         Working knowledge of building and HVAC systems

This position will require some travel to project sites. Our ideal candidate will reside local to the Mercer/Middlesex county area.

If you are interested in pursuing employment with Energy Squared, please send your resume to Briana.Walsh at energysquaredeng.com<mailto:Briana.Walsh at energysquaredeng.com>.

We look forward to hearing from you!