[Equest-users] LEED Increased Ventilation Credit and Energy Modeling

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Wed Dec 3 07:26:54 PST 2014

Robby,
Joe may have been implying that he used different settings for MIN-OA-METHOD between the baseline and proposed models. Presumably, FRACTION-OF-DESIGN for Proposed and FRACTION-OF-HOURLY for the Baseline, which would actually penalize the Proposed if I understand the methods correctly. My understanding is that FRACTION-OF-DESIGN should be used in both the Baseline and Proposed models to meet the intent of ASHRAE 62.1. FRACTION-OF-HOURLY should decrease the OA CFM as the VAV flow decreases, resulting in a decreased ventilation rate at lower supply flows.
Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, BEAP, CEM, LEED AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects LLP
Senior Energy Engineer

[cid:image007.jpg at 01D00EE3.A7F7E2F0]  [cid:image008.jpg at 01D00EE3.A7F7E2F0]

134 South Fitzhugh Street                 Rochester, NY 14608

T: (585) 698-1956                        F: (585) 325-6005

bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com<mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com>             www.pathfinder-ea.com<http://www.pathfinder-ea.com/>

[http://png-5.findicons.com/files/icons/977/rrze/720/globe.png]Carbon Fee and Dividend - simple, effective, and market-based.