[Equest-users] Free cooling Chiller on eQuest

Paul Riemer Paul.Riemer at dunhameng.com
Wed Feb 5 12:52:05 PST 2014

Some of these have an economizer functionality that can operate instead of or in series with the compressors.  I was excited about this once but the first pass showed it wouldn't payoff for my project.  If your situation shows promise, you need a detailed model, and if an eQUEST waterside economizer will not give you the series functionality, then I wonder if you could model the modes as separate air cooled chillers in eQUEST with custom curves for each and staging based on outdoor air or seasonal dates.  Good luck.
Paul Riemer, PE, LEED AP BD+C
DUNHAM