[Equest-users] HVAC system definition

John Kopf john.kopf at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 10:11:13 PST 2014

Dobry Den Frantisek,

Nazdar z Kanady! Na co používáte eQUEST v České republice? Budu pokračovat
v angličtině...

For items 1 & 3, one of the HVAC systems available is fan-coil. This will
allow for both a central AHU with your pre-heat and pre-cool. In wizard
mode, you can select 4-pipe fan coil by setting the cooling source to
chilled water coils and heating source to hot water coils (and can tweak
this later in detailed mode if necessary).

For the baseboards, you can turn on baseboards for zone heating in wizard
HVAC screen 6, though I don't think these account for the fan energy.

Another option would be to split up your zone and select unit heaters for
those areas (e.g. stairwells, vestibules) if you can split it up like that.

Regards,
John

*John Kopf, BEng, MASc, EIT, LEED AP BD+C*

Sustainability Analyst

Stantec
200 - 325 25th Street SE Calgary AB T2A 7H8

Phone: (403) 716-8006
Fax: (403) 716-8049
John.Kopf at stantec.com