[Equest-users] e-QUEST and Passive Evaporative Cooling Towers

Rima Daghman r.daghman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 06:32:42 PST 2014

Hi all,

I am relatively new to e-QUEST, but was considering using it for my thesis.
I am working on Passive Evaporative Cooling Towers. I was thinking of
taking a building prototype (office building) and running an e-QUEST
simulation

   1.

   Building with NO active cooling
   2.

   Building with Passive Evaporative Cooling ( from the cooling  tower)
   3.

   Building with natural ventilation ( possibility)

My questions are:

   1.

   I know e-QUEST has Evaporative Cooling, but can it be in a passive way?
   2.

   I was thinking of combing the UFAD as a distribution system for the cool
   air that comes out of the cooling tower, so does e-QUEST deal with UFAD?

I’m still in the planning stage of my thesis, so if anyone has ideas or
suggestions for a better way of going forward with this, I’m open to them.
All your tips will be very appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Rima Daghman
Gradate Student, MS in Built Environment,
Design School,
Arizona State University,