[Equest-users] DOE2 Input File Universal?

Joe Chappell JoeC at designengineers.com
Thu Jan 30 08:19:47 PST 2014

Hello,

I am wondering if a DOE-2 input file is universally accepted by all front-end softwares that utilize the DOE-2 simulation engine, specifically eQuest.  The specific example I'm encountering is a DOE-2 model developed in a proprietary software tool.  The model needs to be further developed and evaluated.  If I have the input file that was used in the proprietary model, am I able to import that same input file into eQuest for further model development and evaluation of energy conservation measures.  If so, are there significant hurdles in this process that make it particularly burdensome?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Kind regards,
Joe