[Equest-users] Modeling District Energy Systems for LEED

rajendra rajendra at kalpakrit.com
Mon Jan 6 22:19:47 PST 2014

Hi Omar,

For estimating proposed buildings cooling/heating  efficiencies you can
follow any of two method's mentioned below-
1. You can use default heating cooling efficiencies as per USGBC DES
modelling document.
2. You have to calculate manually heating and cooling efficiencies of
whole plant( Including Cooling tower , pumps, chillers etc.) at part
load i.e DES system capacity.

I would suggest that modelling of whole system is not required when DES
option is availed.

Thanks & Regards
Rajendra Choudhary
Sr.Energy Analyst