[Equest-users] equest error

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Mon Jan 27 14:11:20 PST 2014

Hi Fakeha,

Looks like your model has at least one exterior surface calling for a roof construction that isn't presently defined.

If you are past the wizards, I'd suggest opening the .inp file, navigating to  constructions, copy/pasting an existing layered construction (like your exterior wall construction), then renaming the cloned copy to the missing "VRoof ConstructionT."  That should allow the file to open withour error, and you can then identify where that construction occurs and correct the layers to appropriate inputs.  Making a backup copy is never a bad idea with such manual edits/fixes, by the way!

If you are still in wizard edits, I would instead try switching around the shells' roof construction inputs up to "reset" the project files.

~Nick
[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, P.E.
SENIOR ENGINEER