[Equest-users] DOE2 Input File Universal?

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Thu Jan 30 08:51:33 PST 2014

The key to your question is what version of DOE-2 the 'proprietory tool' is
generating the simulation input for.  If it is DOE-2.2 then you should be
able to import the .inp file into eQUEST.  It is more likely however that
the other software is generating a DOE-2.1 input file.  There are
instructions in the eQUEST/DOE-2.2 documentation about how to convert a
DOE-2.1e input file to DOE-2.2 but it is "non-trivial".  The structure of
the plant keywords completely changed as did the schedules and many other
keywords have small changes.  The way to tell the version of DOE-2 you are
looking at is to look at the .sim output file.  The version will be in the
corner of each report in the .sim file.