[Equest-users] Heat transfer between shells and zones

Daniel Calero danrc28 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 14:18:52 PDT 2014

Hey everyone,

I am modeling a low energy building with insulated partition walls and
floors. I've created separate shells for each floor, with two zones per
floor. Between shells all walls and floors are interior with a "standard"
surface type. My space heating use however is 4.5 higher than what it
should be. I have checked areas and thermal resistances, which all seem ok.

My question is how does heat transfer differ between shells and zones.
Should I have created a building with one shell and multiple zones instead?

Thanks,
Dan