[Equest-users] Heating Source Question

Jeff Ross-Bain jeff at rbgb.com
Wed Jul 23 05:45:08 PDT 2014

Hi Richard,

My take is that the system type selections are based on the HVAC heating
energy source and are not dependent on the water heating source. If the
proposed HVAC system is all electric then System 8 seems to be the correct
choice.

For the water heating, the fuel source must be the same for baseline and
proposed.

However, if the building now has a gas supply, the design team may want to
evaluate the feasibility of a gas (HVAC) heating system.

Regards,

Jeff Ross-Bain, PE, LEED AP BD+C, BEMP
Principal

404-220-8940 Office