[Equest-users] Basic modeling question - baseline and proposed models

Chris Baker CBaker at cci-alliance.com
Thu Jul 24 16:43:34 PDT 2014

I have a couple questions..

I have a model done and I've completed the LEED compliance analysis in eQuest 3.65 with no errors.

The model I finished is basically the "proposed" model in this case.

But to export all the LEED documentation I must export the "baseline" model so that eQuest can do the different orientations, etc..

When I ran the LEED compliance analysis, a new pd2 file was automatically created with " LEED_Base_Bldg" added to the end of the name.

My question is what I need to do for the LEEd base building PD2 file..  Do I need to edit the PD2 file in DD wizard to show the pre-existing wall, roof, door and window conditions?

My understanding is this is all that would change.  Schedules, occupancies, most of those inputs would remain unchanged as required by ASHRAE.

Any input is appreciated!  This is my first time doing this.  Thanks!

Chris Baker
CCI CAD Drafter

CCI-Alliance Confidentiality notice: This message is intended only for the person to whom addressed in the text above and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not that person, any use of this message is prohibited. We request that you notify us by reply to this message, and then delete all copies of this message including any contained in your reply. Thank you.