[Equest-users] Edit .bin Weather Files

Ben Brannon Ben.Brannon at arup.com
Wed Jun 18 00:14:34 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a script to dynamically edit a weather file.  In general, I'll have a day's worth of real data and I want to paste that in to the correct day of the weather file.  This would be simple with an EPW or other text file format, but I'm not even sure where to begin with a .bin format.

The only roundabout thought I have is to convert my current .bin file to an EPW, then edit that epw and convert it back to bin.  This is possible though this will be happening a lot of times so I'd like it to be scriptable.  Any thoughts, and if my idea works, are there any converter programs that can be run from the command line and not in the GUI like with equest converter program?

Thanks in advance

Ben