[Equest-users] Non-existing cooling Fan power for proposed case

Nick Patsos nick.patsos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 06:00:33 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I have an issue modelling spaces not designed with cooling equipment in
LEED. The spaces are considered conditioned (occupied) but only heated in
reality. The only cooling that is considered can come from natural
ventilation or in some spaces from ERV ventilators.

Since the spaces do not fall in the 'heated storage' category of ASHRAE
addenda 'DN', I think its proper to model a system to be the same as
baseline, in my case Packaged VAV.

So, what happens with fan power in the proposed case? What W/cfm should be
modelled since this is a hypothetical system (same as baseline - PVAVS)?

Furthermore, this can be more complex if considering spaces with ERV
ventilators (no cooling), for which I have the W/cfm. Should I include the
hypothetical system's fan power for cooling as well?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards
Nick Patsos
Mechanical Engineer