[Equest-users] Ventilation air machine with FCU

Matt Hein heinm04 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 06:50:50 PDT 2014

Nick,

eQuest limits the HVAC systems for a thermal zone to (1) air-side system
that may have reheat and/or supplemental heat, (1) baseboard heat source,
(1) exhaust system. To model the VAM system you need to create an
equivalent system to the overall systems operating in the thermal zone.

I think you can model your system by creating an exhaust fan (and schedule)
for the zone and incorporating the HEX into the FCU using Outdoor Air Heat
Recovery. You will need to make some adjustments to system performance
(e.g. kW/cfm) to make sure overall performance of the simulated system and
actual system align.

- Matt Hein