[Equest-users] Pump Power Limit (19W/gpm & 22 W/gpm)

Bernie Hont bhont at girard.com
Mon Nov 3 07:02:11 PST 2014

Based on everything I have read through various sites and opinions it to take the loop flow from the PV-A report for condenser water and chilled water and use that as the basis for the flow. Multiply that flow by the W/GPM to get the maximum allowed. Then make sure that the sum of the power (KW) for all pumps under the PUMP section on that system do not exceed that maximum.

So in your case, you would use 500 GPM to determine the maximum. Thinking about it logically that would make sense. If you have a variable primary pumping system rather than a primary/secondary the total head for the variable primary at 500 GPM should be close to the split head of 500 GPM through the primary and the secondary loops separately.