[Equest-users] Creating ASHRAE 90.1 User Manual Schedules in eQUEST

Sharad Kumar sharad.kumar101 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 06:05:46 PST 2014

Hi All,

It is known that we should assign schedules as per the building type and
design.

But if the schedules are not known then we can assign the schedules as per
ASHRAE 90.1 Users Manual.

I used to create the schedules for lighting, occupancy, equipment, DHW,
HVAC Fan and elevator as per ASHRAE 90.1.Users manual.

While trying few things on schedules ,I found that in eQUEST 3.64 the
ASHRAE Users Manual schedule can be created automatically with the help of
library option.

For example for HVAC Fan the schedule can be created as follows:

[image: Inline image 1]

The following box will come:

[image: Inline image 2]

With the help of above option we can create library schedules. Schedule
ON/OFF denotes the HVAC fan schedule for the building.

Additionally, with the help of following drop down in the box we can create
lighting schedule at the place where it is assigned *(also equipment,
occupancy, HVAC fan, DHW and elevator can be created at their respective
places where they are assigned)*.

 [image: Inline image 3]

After creating these library schedules we can save it in eQUEST.

These schedules are created and saved in .INP file. Additional schedules
like parking fan, exterior lighting etc. can be created in eQUEST.

After this, we can omit the extra schedules in the .INP file* (for daily
weekly and annual period)* and  then import it in any model from File <
Import Files option to have the schedules as per ASHRAE 90.1 Users Manual.

Now, these schedules can be assigned to various spaces and zones.

The assigning of various schedules to various spaces and zones can be done
also with the help of my post on 16th October 2014 (Using .INP file to
edit......) on eQUEST Users. It can be helpful.

Thanks,

Sharad Kumar

Engineer

Green Horizon Consulting LLP