[Equest-users] PIU system central heat coil ouput

David Reddy david at 360-analytics.com
Fri Oct 17 13:29:46 PDT 2014

Hi all,
I am modeling a PIU system w/ a water-cooled DX coil and series electric
FPBs; no central or preheat heating coils.  Using eQ v3.64

SV-A report indicates heating capacity for system is 0.

Despite this configuration, hourly reports of for SYSTEM, 'Total central
heat coil output (Btu/hr)' indicates there is varying amount of central
heat energy output in the first 1-2 and in some cases, the last 2-3
hours of many days in heating months (location Seattle, WA).  This is
also confirmed by looking at the difference in energy reported between
SS-A Heating and SS-B Zone Heating.  It is not necessarily a trivial
amount of energy, ~25% of total.

Have others observed this before, and if so, found a way to fix this?

Can't say I've tried everything I can think of, but this is what I have
tried:

A) Set HEAT-SOURCE = "ELECTRIC" and use a very small capacity both -1 or
-1000
B) A + setting HEAT-CONTROL = "CONSTANT"
C) B + set HEAT-SET-T various values, including minimum (50F)
D) Setting HEATING-SCHEDULE to something that locks out heating. This
works, but also locks out zone heating, so not a viable solution

Thanks in advance for any input.
-David

--

David Reddy

*360 Analytics*
Building Energy Analysis Consultants
mail:     9750 3rd Ave NE, Suite 405, Seattle, WA 98115
office:  206.557.4732 x 201
cell:      206.406.9856
web:    www.360-Analytics.com