[Equest-users] Entering cooling/heating capacities

Sol Rosenbaum solrosenbaum at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 07:16:44 PDT 2014

Hi,

We have Air Handler data from a building that I need to enter into the
model.  However, I am still new to this and have two questions:

First, when I go to enter this information, we are not able to select
Chilled Water and for capacities I find that several cells says n/a and do
not allow me to enter in a value.  I am thinking that there must be a higher
level item that needs to be altered, but I do not know what it is.

For example, in this Sys1 (VAVS), we want to select Chilled Water from the
pull down, but it doesn't let us:

In this screen, I am able to enter in a cooling capacity, but the cooling
capacity cell in the E1 Core Zn which is shown as a subsystem of this one,
has the n/a and does not allow entry.   Same thing for heating.

Second, when we enter in heating capacities, it seems that they have to be
entered in as a negative number.  Is that just the format of eQuest so a
heating coil with 500 MBH capacity gets entered as -500 MBH?

Thanks,

Sol