[Equest-users] Global Parameter expression problem

Jones, Christopher cjones at halsall.com
Mon Oct 27 09:00:03 PDT 2014

I thought this would be fairly simple.  I have two global paramaters:
PARAMETER
  "EXT-MAX" = 0.9 ..

PARAMETER
  "EXT-MIN" = 0.05 ..

Simple enough but then in a User expression, I want to take the average of the two.

The input dialog doesn't seem to provide a way to define this simply:
#PA("EXT-LTG-MAX")  + #PA("EXT-LTG-MIN")  is allowed but I can't find the right symbol to enclose that expression then divide by 2:

{#PA("EXT-LTG-MAX")  + #PA("EXT-LTG-MIN")} / 2 - gives an error

(#PA("EXT-LTG-MAX")  + #PA("EXT-LTG-MIN")) / 2 - gives an error

#PA("EXT-LTG-MAX") / 2 + #PA("EXT-LTG-MIN") / 2 - works but I don't like it.

Christopher Jones, P.Eng.