[Equest-users] Slab on Grade Insulation

Steven Savich, LEED AP ssavich at systemswestengineers.com
Fri Sep 5 13:24:38 PDT 2014

Mark,

DOE2.2 is set up to use a perimeter input method to explicitly model perimeter heat loss, but I don't believe eQuest has had this implemented yet, so it still uses the U-effective method for underground surfaces.  For some background reading, the 2002 Winkelman paper on heat transfer through underground surfaces has a method for calculating the U-effective or for calculating the U value of the "insulating layer" in a DOE2.2 underground surface construction.

Thanks,
Steven