[Equest-users] Modelling of roof top solar photovoltaic plant in eQUEST

Ashok Dhayal er.ashokdhayal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 23:16:56 PDT 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

 I have modelled 157.5 kWp roof top SPV plant in eQUEST with three electric
generators of 52.5 kWp and three inverters of 93% efficiency. Each electric
generator of 52.5 kWp is having 210 modules (1 module=250 Wp ) connected in
series and parallel combination, i.e. 15 in series and 14 in parallel.

After simulation, In .SIM file, I found that the ratio of inverter
output(AC kWh) to inverter input (DC kWh) lies between 60%-75% despite of
93% inverter efficiency.

1) Would you please answer why 25%-40% loss is shown through inverter?
2) Is there any option for battery in eQUEST for SPV plant modelling?

Kindly help me for my queries

Thanking you in anticipation

With kind regards

Ashok Dhayal