[Equest-users] eQuest Supply temperature as function of outside air (55°F in summer, 70°F in winter)

Julien Marrec julien.marrec at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 10:54:16 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm modeling a DOAS system in eQuest, and the HVAC control sequence
basically calls for delivering 55°F in cooling mode and 70°F in heating
mode. The heating/cooling mode is dictated by outside air temperature. This
is basically in order to deliver "temperature-neutral"* outside air to the
subsystems (VRV indoor units mostly - and a few corridors with simple
ventilation grilles. This way the corridors some cooling, and the VRV are
always only going to handle the thermal load of the space, and not the
outside air load which is completely handled by the DOAS.

(*I'm more used to see OA being delivered at room temperature, say 70°F,
but I didn't write the control sequence)

I've been struggling on how to properly do this in eQuest.

Right now I've got a PSZ system with a control zone being a "dummy zone"
for which I've assigned a cooling schedule at constant 55°F and a heating
schedule at constant 70°F. But the hourly output indicates that it's
basically always providing roughly 62.5°F, so the average of my cooling and
heating setpoints.

I've tried multiple ways, and read through the archives of the list, but I
didn't find a working answer (maybe I'm not using the right keywords...)

Basically, is there a way to model either of these two scenarios *in
attachment *(or online here
<https://unmethours.com/upfiles/unmethours.com/14114068008016042.jpg>and
here <https://unmethours.com/upfiles/unmethours.com/14114068157894564.jpg>)
*,* in eQuest for a DOAS system?

(aside from manually creating an annual schedule that would turn heating or
cooling off?)

Thanks a lot,
Julien
--