[Equest-users] [Bldg-sim] Fwd: Variation in incident solar radiation on east and west surface of a building in different simulation tool

jyotirmay mathur jyotirmay.mathur at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 07:27:18 PDT 2014

Mayank,
compare them with direct normal, diffused, global radiations, trend in E+
and equest are reverse, one has more on east other has more on west,
important would be to see what does the radiation data say?
jyotirmay

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Mayank Bhatnagar <mayank.23aug at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am doing envelope analysis of a rectangular building in eQuest. The
> building have identical parameters for all perimeter zones. The simulation
> is being done for New Delhi climate zone. The results shows that the total
> solar heat gain through glazing is more in east zone compare to west zone.
> In the result of that the total load and energy consumption in east zone is
> higher than in west zone.
>
> To verify the results, I analyzed the total horizontal and beam radiation
> incident on east and west facade. Here, the issue was started. In the
> eQuest, there always high incident solar radiation in east surface compare
> to west surface. However, the incident solar radiation on east and west
> surface in energy plus and TRNSYS have different trend from the eQuest.
> Here I am attaching graph showing variation of incident solar radiation in
> east and west facade with energy plus and TRNSYS.
>
> Any guidance, suggestions will be appreciated.
>
> 1. Variation in eQuest and TRNSYS. (Blue and green is for eQuest and;
> Magenta and brown for TRNSYS)
>
> [image: Inline image 1]
>
> 2. eQuest and Energy Plus
> [image: Inline image 1]
>

>  Regards,
>
> Mayank Bhatnagar
>
> Energy Analyst

Dr.-Ing. Jyotirmay Mathur
Head, Centre for Energy and Environment,
Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department
Malaviya National Institute of Technology
J.L.N. Marg, Jaipur (India) -302 017
Phone:
+91-141-2529109 (R)
+91-141-2529061 (o), 2713211 (direct)