[Equest-users] Seasonal variation in lighting consumption in monthly peak demand

Erik Kolderup erik at kolderupconsulting.com
Fri Sep 26 09:29:18 PDT 2014

Is the May-Sep drop you're seeing in consumption or peak demand? If it's in
peak demand then it's possible that you are seeing a drop in the
contribution of lighting to coincident peak demand because the time of day
of the peak has shifted in your proposed building compared to your baseline
building.

I suggest looking at the PS-E report, where you can see the max kW for each
end use for each month (non-coincident) as well as the contribution for
each end use to the coincident peak kW each month. You might see that the
coincident peak is at a different time from the lighting peak.

If the drop is in consumption rather than peak demand, then I suppose
you'll need to dig further...

Regards,
Erik

*Erik Kolderup, PE, LEED AP*