[Equest-users] Can someone explain why a PVVT is usually chosen to model VRV/VRF?

冷面寒枪 503271081 at qq.com
Sat Sep 27 21:29:27 PDT 2014

As we all know, Packaged Variable-volume Variable-Temperature (PVVT) systems can be used to model VRV/VRF system in eQUEST software, but what I am confused is why a PVVT system can be used.
Load adjustment in pvvt system is implemented by varying supply air flow and supply temperature. But in VRv system,load adjustment is implemented by varying refrigerant flow in each coil. There is a significant difference between the vrv and pvvt system. And l always can not get reasonable result using this way, the heating energy consumption is always too small.
Can someone explain why a PVVT is usually chosen to model VRV/VRF?