[Equest-users] LG VRF Curves

shilpa surana surana.shilpa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 11:31:56 PDT 2015

Hello eQuest users,

I am currently modeling a LG VRF system in equest. I have used the LG
performance curves for ARUB360B(D)TE4 which were exchanged on this list few
days back. These curves include the heat recovery between the zones. I have
also modeled the VRF system as per the LG MVIII_HR_Energy_Analysis guide.
My results show 70% reduction in heating and 70% reduction in fan energy.
This project has a DOAS with heat recovery as well. I have accounted for
the heat recovery at the FCUs using the outside air heat recovery tab. This
building is located in Oregon. Some of the anomalies I note -

- No space cooling savings
- Heat recovery reduces the space heating to some degree but there is a
huge fan energy penalty

I have modeled VRF systems in the past mostly Daikin and they have worked
well. Has anyone faced similar issues using the LG performance curves?

Thanks in advance

Best,

*Shilpa Surana*