[Equest-users] [Bldg-sim] Expert advice on Wall Insulation study in eQuest

Daniel Knapp danielk at arborus.ca
Mon Apr 27 11:12:11 PDT 2015

Hi Mayank,

I think on further reflection you are seeing exactly what you should be seeing. The energy consumption should go down linearly with the U-value. What does saturate is the energy savings compared to insulation thickness or R-value which is plotted as 1/U. Here is a graph of energy vs. U and energy vs R for your building:

All the best,
Dan

—
Daniel Knapp, PhD, PPhys, LEED® AP O+M
danielk at arborus.ca

Arborus Consulting
Energy Strategies for the Built Environment
www.arborus.ca
76 Chamberlain Avenue
Ottawa, ON, K1S 1V9
Phone: (613) 234-7178 ext. 113