[Equest-users] HVAC Warnings Regarding Supply CFM Smaller Than Total Specified Outside Air

Jill Moreland jill.moreland at plugsmart.com
Thu Aug 20 10:31:41 PDT 2015

Good Afternoon Life Savers,

I am happy to say that I have resolved all of my errors and have done
everything in Wizard mode so I can make changes without losing days of work
(which has happened several times on this, my first project). I am getting
multiple Warnings and Cautions and am wondering if this is something that I
should be concerned about or should just ignore. I have included a .pdf of
these in the zipped file attached.

My project is a 6 story chilled water hospital with dozens of air handlers
and a significant amount of outside air. When entering the AHU's I chose
VAV because I did not see an option for CAV and went with 100% as I thought
this most closely reflected my situation. I chose "specify" for the system
supply fans and entered the actual data for the systems. These choices
generated the warnings. In an effort to trouble shoot this on my own I
found that if I change "specify" to "Auto-Size" the warnings will go away
but I don't feel that I am accurately reflecting the scenario.

So my question is, should I be concerned about these errors or disregard?
Also is there a better way to enter CAV chilled water systems that I am
missing? As always, any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Jill Moreland
Connect Program Manager
Plug Smart
Jill.Moreland at PlugSmart.com
Cell: 239-233-0993
Fax: 800-518-5576

Plug Smart is accepting new clients, the best praise you could give us a
recommendation to a potential new client. Everyone needs to save money,
Plug Smart can make it happen.

Confidential:

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property of Juice
Technologies, LLC. and/or its affiliates, are confidential, and are
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail
is addressed. If you are not one of the named recipients or otherwise have
reason to believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender and delete this message immediately from your computer.
Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of
this e-mail is strictly prohibited.