[Equest-users] Chiller ECT Not Equal to CW Supply Temperature

Joe Bliss JBliss at B2Qassociates.com
Thu Aug 27 08:48:07 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

Has any else run into an issue where the entering condenser water temperature of a chiller is dramatically different than the CW supply temperature leaving the towers? I'm modeling a variable speed pump retrofit for CW pumps where I'm seeing reasonable savings on the pumping and heat rejection end uses, but negative chiller savings that appear to be a result of increased ECT between base and proposed cases. I'm using a standard water-cooled electric hermetic centrifugal chiller with eQUEST default performance curves. See example below. Let me know if any other inputs from the model would be useful.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Joe

[cid:image001.png at 01D0E0BE.3CAFD9F0]

Joe Bliss

Designer

[cid:image002.png at 01D0E0BE.3CAFD9F0]

B2Q Associates, Inc.
100 Burtt Rd. Suite 212
Andover, MA 01810

Direct:

(978) 447 - 5609

Mobile:

(774) 277 - 0662

Main:

(978) 208 - 0609

Fax:

(978) 719 - 6339

jbliss at b2qassociates.com<mailto:jbliss at b2qassociates.com>

www.b2qassociates.com

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and the property of the B2Q Associates, Inc. The e-mail contents are only to be used by the intended recipient of the e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient then use, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on the e-mail is prohibited. All professional advice from us should be obtained in writing (not e-mail).