[Equest-users] Variable Refrigeration Flow (VRF) Heat Pump System

Tauhid tauhid80 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 11:45:26 PST 2015

Hello,

I am trying to model a system involving variable refrigerant flow (VRF)
heat pumps using eQuest.  If someone can please help me by providing
modelling guidelines, I will really be thankful.  Here is the description
of the system.

Load Information:  The building will be a commercial space, which will have
a balanced heating and cooling load in winder and shoulder season.  During
winter, the heating load in the perimeter zones will be offset by the
cooling load in the core zones.  To make it simple, I will have the
condenser refrigerant flowing through the building, exchanging heat with
the heat pumps in the perimeter zone, whereas the evaporator loop will
collect heat from the core zones.
How would I model this in eQest.  Is there any way I can trick the system
to model it?  Also, in case if there is extra heat in the loop, I am trying
to store that in a thermal storage.  How do I model a thermal storage
system in eQuest?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Hassan Quazi, P.Eng.