[Equest-users] design development wizard

Siliang Lu lusiliang93 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 08:30:41 PST 2015

Hi everyone,

I try to make a model of a 3-story building. The floor-to-floor height is
13.8 ft and each floor  has different zoning designs. Now I have problems
using the design development wizard:

 I imported CAD file and created 3 building shells. The exact coordinate
site of the first floor is 0,0,0 and the second one is 0,0,13.8 and the
third is 0,0,27.6. However, when I saw the 3D geometry, these three floors
were all modeled as ground floors with a certain distance to each other.

In addition, If I create 3 building shells, I have to select the roof type
and ground floor type for each shell. However, since I mentioned above,
actually I just need to design one roof and one ground floor.

Therefore, how to use DD Wizard to model a multiple floor building with
different HVAC zonings for different floors accurately?

I am new to eQuest, I really thank everyone's help! Thanks a lot!

Best,
Siliang