[Equest-users] Bug with Secondary Loops?

Ömer Moltay omoltay at mimtarch.com
Tue Jan 6 02:24:22 PST 2015

Dear All,

We have created a fairly complex model of a building with chilled beams.
When we connect the chilled beams to secondary CHW loops, we get the
following error:

Loop: secondaryCHW_CB40                has a coil curve generating
              a negative capacity ratio.  Check the loop supply
              temperature,   71.F, for consistency with the coil curves

OR

Loop: secondaryCHW_CB41                has a coil curve generating
              a negative capacity ratio.  Check the loop supply
              temperature,  181.F, for consistency with the coil curves

Two observations:
(1) The CHW loops obviously have lower supply setpoints, 60F in this case.
(2) When we connect the chilled beams to the primary loop, then this
error disappeares.

I would appreciate some feedback on what could be causing this.

Best regards,

Ömer Moltay, LEED AP BD+C, ASHRAE BEMP, ASHRAE CPMP, BREEAM Assessor
Mimta EcoYapi
Hekimsuyu Cad. 559. Sk. No:39 34255 Kucukkoy
Istanbul Turkey
Tel: 90-212-617-2296
Fax: 90-212-617-2297
Mobile: 90-533-957-1394