[Equest-users] Pump/Dump Chillers

David Eldridge DEldridge at grummanbutkus.com
Wed Jan 7 17:48:45 PST 2015

1.       Look for "Lake/Well" type chiller. You may have to configure some "dummy" loads as eQUEST may be expecting there to be both a CHW and HW load for this type of chiller...after another recent discussion I'm not sure if you can run with CHW loads only.

a.       Depending on your water temperatures in this location you might be able to simulate it by using "magic" condenser water pumps and "magic" cooling towers with 0.0 EIR. You'll still be limited by the ambient wetbulb on what water temperature you can achieve, even with minimized approach temperatures - the Lake/Well option will give you the most control over the water temperatures you need.

2.       You'll need to have some archiving tool on your PC to achieve recovery of your input files, eQUEST does not include any backup capabilities.

a.       One possibility is if you ran the old model and saved over the input files - but didn't run the new model - then there might be some output files left over that you can extract some information from to recreate inputs. Look for "filename.BDL" and open it in notepad or viewer of your choice if you have it in your directory from a failed simulation. Otherwise maybe you can glean something from the other output files to help you reconstruct.

David

David S. Eldridge, Jr., P.E., LEED AP BD+C, BEMP, BEAP, HBDP
Grumman/Butkus Associates