[Equest-users] LEED high residenstial bulding

Nathan Miller nathanm at rushingco.com
Thu Jan 15 06:34:57 PST 2015

A good starting point would be to review the Energy Star Multifamily High-Rise Simulation Guidelines:

http://www.energystar.gov/ia/partners/bldrs_lenders_raters/downloads/mfhr/ENERGY%20STAR%20MFHR%20Simulation%20Guidelines_Version_1%200_Rev03.pdf?8d9a-5471

The big caveat is that those are created for apartment buildings in the United States, so you'll have to adjust accordingly per your energy modeling judgment. If it is for a standard LEED-NC project, you could reference the ESMFHRSG as your basis and explain where and why you varied from it as explanation for the source of your modeling assumptions.

Is there any chance that the local energy utilities collect any data on multifamily buildings that you could use to calibrate your model?

Nathan Miller, PE, LEED AP BD+C - Mechanical Engineer/Senior Energy Analyst
RUSHING | D 206-788-4577 | O 206-285-7100
www.rushingco.com<http://www.rushingco.com/>