[Equest-users] Ventilation

Nicholas Caton ncaton at catonenergy.com
Thu Jan 29 15:03:07 PST 2015

Capture

Hi Farid,

Might be easiest to just finish the wizards, then in detailed mode:

1.       Set a user default for (zonal) OA-CHANGES = 16

2.       Strip all wizard-generated inputs for OA-FLOW/PER

3.       If you want CFM to lock up to an exact figure, apply a correction
factor to the user default (this would account for variances in modeled
geometries from actual design).

Just a hunch… I’d try with a separate copy of your project first to test ;).

Your wizard-borne formula/approach looks okay on paper… Consider the
corresponding occupant densities below result in 800+ people, not 100.
Also consider your fractional occupancy schedule is in play, which may not
have an hour at 100% occupancy (thus drawing the ventilation rate
corresponding with full occupancy), without intervention.

~Nick

*NICK CATON, P.E.*
*Owner*

*Caton Energy Consulting*