[Equest-users] Interior courtyards

bfountain at greensim.com bfountain at greensim.com
Tue Jul 21 10:30:40 PDT 2015

One of the standard shapes in eQUEST DD wizard is a rectangular building
with a courtyard.  If you select this, eQUEST creates a “C” shape building
with the ends of the C very close together and (ideally) set as adiabatic.

You can do something similar with your shell(s).  Trace the outside of the
footprint, then cross over at some logical point, trace the interior
courtyard, then go back to the outside and finish the footprint. Be careful
to put the adjacent vertices close together but not one atop the other or
such that the footprint crosses itself.  In the wizard screen 2, you can
right click on a wall segment and set it to be adiabatic.  You will want to
do this for the walls that are within the footprint.

I hope this helps.