[Equest-users] VFD Pumping

Julien Marrec julien.marrec at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 01:22:28 PDT 2015

All,

I looked briefly at Mike's input file.

*Paul,*

It's two-way, so that's ok. For those who may be wondering why you need
two-way valves, that is in order to have a pressure change (as they close)
going back to the VFD for modulation. That's true in real life too.

*Joe,*

Bingo on your 1) point. (see extract of warnings below).

*Mike,*

I suggest you also investigate your tons of warning about insufficient
heating capability, because you do have 1851 hours below heating throttling
range...

Here are an extract of the warnings

 **WARNING**********************************************************************
             Pump: Chlr1 (ElCentHerm) Pump          has a total
user-specified flow
             of      1300. gpm, but the loop flow is      2325. gpm.

 **WARNING**********************************************************************
             Pump: Chlr2 (ElCentHerm) Pump          has a total
user-specified flow
             of      1300. gpm, but the loop flow is      2325. gpm.

 **WARNING**********************************************************************
             Pump: CW Loop Pump                     has a total
user-specified flow
             of      1500. gpm, but the loop flow is      5649. gpm.

 **WARNING**********************************************************************
             Pump: CW Loop Pump                     cannot match the system
             flow at the minimum required head.
             Required system flow = 2824.3 gpm at head =  47.2
             Pump balance point = 2665.2 gpm at head of  43.5
             If the pump was sized by default, most likely this
             is caused by a primary equipment unit operating at
             greater than its design flow, and causing a pressure
             drop greater than design.  Try increasing the pump
             head or head ratio to compensate.
             First occurrence is on  1/ 1, hour  9

 **WARNING**********************************************************************
             Pump: Chlr1 (ElCentHerm) Pump          cannot match the system
             flow at the minimum required head.
             Required system flow = 2325.4 gpm at head =  42.6
             Pump balance point = 2314.3 gpm at head of  42.3
             If the pump was sized by default, most likely this
             is caused by a primary equipment unit operating at
             greater than its design flow, and causing a pressure
             drop greater than design.  Try increasing the pump
             head or head ratio to compensate.
             First occurrence is on  4/27, hour 15

 **WARNING**********************************************************************
             Pump: Chlr2 (ElCentHerm) Pump          cannot match the system
             flow at the minimum required head.
             Required system flow = 2325.4 gpm at head =  48.6
             Pump balance point = 2289.5 gpm at head of  47.3
             If the pump was sized by default, most likely this
             is caused by a primary equipment unit operating at
             greater than its design flow, and causing a pressure
             drop greater than design.  Try increasing the pump
             head or head ratio to compensate.
             First occurrence is on  4/29, hour 10

--
Julien Marrec, EBCP, BPI MFBA