[Equest-users] Question regarding fuel use

Chris Baker CBaker at cci-alliance.com
Thu Jun 25 18:33:37 PDT 2015

My PS-F reports for fuel use is in Gallons with peak demand in Gallons/Minute.

My PS-E reports for fuel use is in MBTU with peak demand in MBTU/Hr.

The dropdown menus in the LEED online forms don't give you the option to input fuel capacities in Gallons or MBTU.  Hence my confusion.

For LEED online
My units of energy = kbtu
My units of demand = MBH

SO the conversions need to be done as follows for entry to leed online...

fuel use:  5893.5 MBTU - kbtu
The conversion for demand:  2.0 MBTU/HR - MBH

At first I thought 1 MBTU = 1 million BTU's ??

But looking at my summary reports I see the MBTU fuel use at 5.8935 on the graph, then it sais: (x000,000,000)

This implies that 1 MBTU = 1 Billion BTU's but I'm not sure if this is correct?

Plus, my brain hurts.

Chris Baker
CCI CAD Drafter

CCI-Alliance Confidentiality notice: This message is intended only for the person to whom addressed in the text above and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not that person, any use of this message is prohibited. We request that you notify us by reply to this message, and then delete all copies of this message including any contained in your reply. Thank you.