[Equest-users] Building Geometry

Jones, Christopher cjones at halsall.com
Thu Mar 12 13:43:23 PDT 2015

The energy model is idealized – there is no thickness to the walls.

Typically, modeling to the glazing line is preferred.  Net leasable area is to the window line unless there perimeter wall HVAC units, induction units for example.

In the case of thick walls, modeling to the window line penalizes the baseline case as the lighting and equipment power densities are per unit area.  For this reason, I would model this project to the inside of the exterior walls and to the centre line of interior walls.

Christopher Jones, P.Eng.