[Equest-users] Air-cooled, frictionless centrifugal chiller with free cooling option in eQUEST

Ng, Jason jng at bpa.ca
Tue Mar 17 07:23:57 PDT 2015

Hello all,

I am modelling a new construction in eQUEST that uses a fairly new chiller product that I have not seen before. I was wondering if anyone has any experience modelling this Equipment:

It is a Smardt remote air cooled chiller (the chiller is in the basement but the condenser is on the roof 4 floors up). It uses frictionless magnetic bearings, it has 2 compressors and it has an option for water side free cooling which I can't seem to find any documentation on how it works exactly.

In eQUEST, I know that I cannot combine an air cooled chiller with the water side economizer option since I need a condenser loop for the water side economizer and I don't think eQUEST has any built-in performance curves for an air-cooled magnetic centrifugal chiller with 2 compressors. I don't have enough information from the equipment spec sheets to model my own curves either.

Does anyone have any ideas of the best way to model this?

Thanks!

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D0609C.777C3DA0]

Jason Ng_ing. jr. M.Sc.A., LEED green associate
jng at bpa.ca<mailto:jng at bpa.ca>   |  www.bpa.ca<http://www.bpa.ca>  |  t: 5143833747x2813

Les informations contenues dans le courriel que vous venez de recevoir, y compris les pièces jointes, sont destinées à l'usage exclusif de la (ou des) personne(s) identifiée(s) comme destinataires et sont confidentielles. Si vous n'en êtes pas le destinataire, soyez avisé que tout usage en est interdit. Si vous avez reçu ce courriel par erreur, veuillez le retourner à l'expéditeur et le supprimer complètement de votre système informatique.