[Equest-users] Air-cooled, frictionless centrifugal chiller with free cooling option in eQUEST

Philip Kennedy philip at kiltechcontrols.com
Tue Mar 17 16:20:47 PDT 2015

Tom that is for a water cooled unit and not applicable to an air cooled
condenserless model.

Jason in a previous position I ran the turbocor testing lab and built all
the compressor maps/ dll’s. I also wrote the original Smardt selection.

If the manufacture is providing both the chiller section and the remote
condenser section then they have the ability to provide the data for you. If
this is a third party condenser with unknown characteristics the model is
going to be harder to create. You might want to just model a stock packages
air cooled unit from their catalog and apply heavy safety factors.

I would suggest making contact with the factory and have them provide
whatever runs you need, make an estimate of the saturation temperature loss
in the discharge and liquid line and bias the model appropriately to reflect
the loss.

If they want the sale and your model will influence the transaction they
should be open to assisting.

Regards Philip